"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future! "
Jeremiah 29:11

Monday, August 13, 2012

Welcome Home, Girls

Back on June 26, 15 little peeps were delivered to our local Post Office.  My friend G and I placed an order for our sweet little babies; 4 Rhode Island Reds, 4 Golden Buffs, 4 Barred Rocks, and 3 Partridge Rocks.  Since I didn't have a separate house for the girls and we would be going on vacation shortly, G kept the girls at her home.  A few days after they arrived, we lost Wilbur.  She was the runt of the flock (hence the name).  She was a sweet little girl.  I brought her home and buried her beside Meredith and Bethany.

Well, yesterday was FINALLY their homecoming.  I AM SO EXCITED!  

  
We built an enclosure out of palettes in the corner.
We will keep them separated from the ladies for a few
days so they can first get used to having them around.
Already making a mess, scratching and kicking up dust!lol
IT'S A FEEDING FRENZY.....LOOK OUT
They are standing in their food trough
They just crack me up!
ha ha ha ha ha
WELCOME HOME, GIRLS.....WE'RE SO GLAD YOU'RE HERE! 
 

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Sweet chickens. Who knew? :)

Snooks said...

Yay for more birds. How fun. Looks like a lively bunch.

@ 3Beeze Homestead

Hope said...

How nice and what fun!

♥Hope