"All you need is love. . . . . . . but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt."
~ Charles M. Schulz ~
I was looking for a little something special to make My Skippy Man yesterday and I came across these on the "DUNCAN HINES" website......Peanut Butter Brownie Squares. I thought, how can I go wrong with chocolate and peanut butter!
Skippy really liked these brownies, especially with vanilla ice cream. I liked the brownie part, however, I thought the frosting was too sweet and needed a stronger peanut butter flavor so next time, I will decrease the amount of powdered sugar. If you make these brownies and reduce the amount of powdered sugar, don't forget to reduce the amount of shortening and milk as well.
For this recipe, you will need:
- 1 pkg Duncan Hines® Chewy Fudge Premium Brownie Mix
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- Crisco® No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp Butter, softened
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Spray only the bottom of 13x9-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Prepare and bake brownies according to package directions for cake-like brownies. Cool 5 to 10 minutes.
- For frosting, combine confectioners' sugar, peanut butter, milk and butter in small bowl. Beat at medium speed with electric mixer until blended. Spread over warm brownies.
- For drizzle, place chocolate chips and shortening in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high power for 1 minute or until melted. Drizzle over frosting. Allow chocolate drizzle to set before cutting into bars.