"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future! "
Jeremiah 29:11

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Compost Bin And A Walkway

Last year, my AWESOME brother-in-law, CF, gave us a bunch of pallets to use for the chicken run. We have a bunch left over, piled up by the shed.  I was looking on-line for different uses for these pallets, when and I found two really great ideas.

The first one I found is for a compost bin.  (http://ducktruckcomposting.com)  I have been wanting one for some time now, but they can be quite expensive.  It is going to be so easy to put together!  WOO HOO!


The second one is a walkway I found on the Funky Junk Interiors blog.  Isn't it so pretty? This one is on a slope, but I think it will be just as nice in my front yard, leading up to the front door.

So, what would you make if you had extra pallets lying around?


2 comments:

Mrs. JP said...

oh, I like the compost area idea. I think they'd for a good trellis if you could prop them up--like for peas or a hummingbird vine.

Deborah said...

They never last long enough to even think of what to do with them because my 16 year old son uses them to burn in a bonfire!
Happy Labor Day!
xxoo
Deborah