My sister just text me asking for the recipe for "Easy Cream Cheese Danish" that I posted on my homeschool blog a while back. It took some looking but I finally found it!
Here you go, Noon....this is for YOU!
For this recipe, you will need:
2- 10oz. Cans Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Rolls
2- 8oz. Packages Cream Cheese, room temperature
3/4 c. Granulated Sugar
1 Tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1. Lightly grease a 9 x 13 glass casserole dish
2. Unroll one can of crescent dough, place across bottom of dish, pinch seams closed
3. Beat cream cheese, granulated sugar, egg, lemon juice, and vanilla extract together until smooth
4. Pour mixture over dough in casserole dish and spread with a rubber scraper
5. Unroll second can of crescent dough, place over cream cheese mixture, pinch seams closed
6. Bake 350* for 20-30 minutes until lightly browned
7. Remove from oven and dust with powdered sugar
8. Let sit at least 30 minutes before cutting
9. Can be served warm, room temperature, or chilled
Note: this would also be delicious topped with strawberries, blueberries, almonds, walnuts, warmed marmalade or fruit preserves, lemon zest, chocolate shavings, or a drizzle of powdered sugar icing....the possibilities are ENDLESS!