I made BBQ rub last night in just a few minutes and it was really gooooood! It is a little on the salty and spicy side for us ( I should really say for ME because I am TRYING to watch my salt intake) so the next time I make it, I will reduce the salt to 1 tablespoon and the cayenne to 1/2 tablespoon. Remember, you can reduce or increase the amount of ingredients as desired to suit your family's taste preferences.
For this recipe, you will need:
* 2 tablespoons salt
* 2 tablespoons sugar
* 3 tablespoons brown sugar (we like a sweet rub)
* 2 tablespoons ground cumin
* 2 tablespoons chili powder
* 2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
* 2 tablespoons garlic powder
* 3 tablespoons dried onions
* 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
* 1/4 cup paprika
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix well; use as a dry rub on beef, chicken, or pork.