Saturday, July 31, 2010
I asked the Lord to tell me
Why my house is such a mess.
He asked if I'd been 'computering',
And I had to answer 'yes.'
He told me to get off my fanny
And tidy up the house.
And so I started cleaning up...
The smudges off my mouse.
I wiped and shined the topside.
That really did the trick...
I was just admiring my work.
I didn't mean to 'click.'
But click, I did, and oops I found
A real absorbing site.
That I got SO way into it.
I was into it all night.
Nothing's changed except my mouse
It's very, very shiny.
I guess my house will stay a mess....
While I sit here on my hiney.
Friday, July 30, 2010
I am sitting here writing this letter with a heart full of thanksgiving, and praise for You, and a desire to tell You and the rest of the world, just how much I LOVE YOU!!
I LOVE YOU because You have been with me my entire life, through good times and bad.
I LOVE YOU because You have comforted me in times of great sorrow when I thought I would never be happy again.
I LOVE YOU because You have encouraged me in times when I have been down and felt that things couldn't possibly get any worse.
I LOVE YOU because You have filled my heart with joy by blessing me with a wonderful family.
I LOVE YOU because You have made me smile by sending me CRAZY blogger friends.
I LOVE YOU because You have given me a Godly husband who loves You, and his family with all of himself.
I LOVE YOU because You have shown Your trust in me by loaning us three beautiful angel babies.
I LOVE YOU because You loved me UNCONDITIONALLY even when I didn't love myself.
I LOVE YOU because You are a merciful and forgiving God and even though we may stray from our walk with You, You patiently wait for us to return. And when we do, You are there with Your loving arms outstretched, waiting to embrace us and welcome us back.
I LOVE YOU because YOU LOVED US so much, that you willingly gave your precious life on the cross for us!
Thank you, FATHER, for all that You have done for me!!
I LOVE YOU!
Thursday, July 29, 2010
Here is my list of the top 6 things that I am most thankful for:
- God, our Heavenly Father - For his unconditional love and abundant grace and blessings he has bestowed upon me. I am rich beyond my wildest dreams!!!! Thank you, Jesus!
- My DH of 23 years - I am thankful for your love of God and family. For your friendship, understanding, and forgiveness. For those late weekend nights watching 24 and eating popcorn, or just holding me when I cry, even if it's over something as crazy as fabric softener. For having the faith in me to homeschool Kiddo. I know it is a BIG financial hardship on us, but it is the best thing that we have ever done for him, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for believing in us both.....You, Dah Maayaaan!!!!! Thank you for putting up with me all these years!I love you, My Skippy Man, with all my heart!
- My 3 beautiful children - I have been very blessed to have Goose, Bean, and Kiddo in my life. Yes, at times, they drive me CRRRRAAAAZY, but I would NEVER trade them for anything in this world......THEY ARE MY LIFE! I have my faults, and I am in no way perfect. I have made my share of mistakes and I am sure I will continue to make more throughout my life. I haven't met anyone who doesn't. But how fortunate we are to have a loving Father who forgives our mistakes! I only hope that I have been as big a blessing in some way to them, as they have been such a tremendous blessing to me!
- My family - although we are miles apart, scattered from NY to FL to TX to OR, we are never far from each other's hearts. Thank you for being there for me. I Love and Miss you all!
- My Church family - They are the most caring, loving, friendly, compassionate group of the BEST people in the world. We are very lucky to be a part of the family of God!
- My Friends - Whenever I need an ear to vent, someone to watch my guy, or even just a place of "refuge" you guys are always there for me. Oh yea, and to YOU KNOW WHO ~~Even when I call and say need to borrow that can of refried pinto beans or a can of tomato sauce, I can always count on your answer to be the same every time.................................."YES, NOW GET YOURSELF OVER HERE AND GET THEM OUT OF THE PANTRY YOURSELF!!!" lol
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
Monday, July 26, 2010
I want to thank all of you who were praying for Kiddo this morning. Your prayers are GREATLY APPRECIATED!
When we arrived at the doctors this morning, they took Kiddo's vital signs and his blood pressure was 110/70 and his heart rate was 80. What a difference from 38 last week! Our doctor odered an EKG that was done right there in the office. When it was finished, Doctor Jeff read the results and said that everything looked fine. PRAISE GOD! However, just to be on the safe side, he wants us to follow up with the Pediatric Cardiologist at UVA.
I was talking with two very dear friends this morning who both said they had a peace about all of this. I feel the same way. I don't feel worried because I know that my GOD IS IN CONTROL and He has a plan.
I know that whatever the outcome may be, GOD WILL BE UPLIFTED AND GLORIFIED!!
Please pray with me this morning for my son, Kiddo. We have a doctor's appointment at 9:30 with our family physician. In his normal check-up last week at the Brain Injury Clinic, they discovered that at each visit, his heart rate has slowly gotten lower. It has gone from in the 70's to 38. As of yet, they don't know why this is. It could just be that this is how he is just going to be, but to make sure, we are going to see our doctor this morning.
Please pray for God's will be done, whatever that may be. I know that our Precious Heavenly Father IS IN CONTROL!
Friday, July 23, 2010
There is only one word I can use to describe this tasty treat......... OMGoodness, SCRUMPTIOUS, AMAZING, SINFUL, AWESOME, DELICIOUS, FANTASTIC, UNBELIEVABLE! LOL
For this YUMMY recipe, you will need:
1 graham cracker crust (pre-made or store bought)
1 pkg cream cheese, softened
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 cup Half & Half
1 8 oz container of whipped topping, thawed
1 1/4 cup toffee bits (I used 2 frozen and smashed king size bars of Heath Toffee candy bars, but you could use Butterfingers or something like that as well. YUMMM! )
Beat together cream cheese and sugar till smooth. Blend in Half & Half till combined. Fold in whipped topping, then fold in 1 cup toffee bits. Pour or scoop mixture into graham crust, spreading evenly onto crust. Sprinkle with remaining toffee. Cover and freeze overnight. This can be frozen and stored in your freezer for 1 month! HA, this never lasts more than two days in our house!
Thursday, July 22, 2010
Mrs. Procrastination, but you can call me Mrs. P! Do I like this name? NOT IN THE LEAST, but it is so fitting right now! lol
For the past 2 weeks, the things that I should be doing everyday, like folding the laundry and weeding the garden amongst other things, have been pushed to the sidelines. It's lucky for all of you that I was not able to take pictures, OMWord......you would SCREAM! So, you can thank Kiddo for saving your eyes by taking the batteries out of my camera and putting them in the Wii remote. Thank you, Kiddo!
Do I want to do these things right now? NOOOOOOOOOO, lol but I am. Time to get back to taking care of business!
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
For this recipe, you will need:
1 box yellow cake mix
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1 container (8 oz) sour cream (1 cup)
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup chopped pecans
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease with shortening and lightly flour 13x9-inch pan, or spray with baking spray with flour.
2. In large bowl, beat dry cake mix, oil, eggs and sour cream with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Spread half of the batter in pan.
3. In small bowl, stir together brown sugar, pecans and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter in pan. Carefully spread remaining batter evenly over pecan mixture.
4. Bake 44 to 48 minutes or until deep golden brown. In another small bowl, stir powdered sugar, milk and vanilla until thin enough to spread. Prick surface of warm cake several times with fork. Spread powdered sugar mixture over cake. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Store covered at room temperature.
ENJOY! I know Kiddo did! :> )
Tuesday, July 13, 2010
"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth!"
Today, and every day, I THANK GOD for bestowing such a precious gift upon us..........YOU!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SWEETIE!
I LOVE YOU WITH
ALL MY ♥!
Before you were born
I’d never have guessed
Such a wonderful daughter
That I would be blessed
When you were little
I’d watch you play
You’d smile at me
In your own cute way
My heart would fill
With my love for you
Without you I’d wonder
What would I do
And as you grew up
I watched you with pride
Happy was I
With you at my side
To me a blessing
You will always be
So much I love you
I hope this you see
Monday, July 12, 2010
It was JUST A THOUGHT, okay?
But worry not, that thought was fast and fleeting. My wanting for eggs, far outweighs my wanting for chicken pot pie!
Sunday, July 11, 2010
Here you go girl...this is for YOU! :> )
I found this recipe last year for Sugar Cookie Cake. When I read the ingredients, I knew I just HAD to make it. It is really easy and I just love that it has fresh, sweetened fruit in it. I used the blueberries we just picked last Saturday....OM"Goodness!" Don't you just wish you could reach into your monitor and take a bite? Mmmmmm....so delicious!
I made it again this afternoon and we had it for dessert tonight with Goose and Tang at our weekly family dinner. After Tang ate his and brought his plate into the kitchen he said, "You can never have too much of THAT!" For him to say that about something is far and few between. What an awesome compliment from my son-in-law! :> )
I hope you get a chance to make this dessert for the 4th.............you won't be disappointed! To enlarge the recipe, just click on the picture.
Saturday, July 10, 2010
I feel a lot better now when I do my laundry, not so overwhelmed! Look on the top shelf. Can you tell I have high hopes for eggs? lol
Do you have any before and after pics of problem areas you have tackled recently? If so, please share them with us by leaving a link in the comment section so we can come by and see what you've done! You just may have an organizational idea that someone has been looking for!