"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future! "
Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Bakery

After starting a new diet recently, I altered my drive into town to avoid passing my favorite bakery. Unfortunately, I had to drive by the bakery this morning, and as I approached, there in the window were a host of goodies. I felt this was no accident, so I prayed. . . . . . . . . . . . .

"Lord, it's up to you. If you want me to have any of those delicious goodies, create a parking place for me directly in front of the bakery!"



And sure enough. . . . . . . . .on the eighth time around the block, there it was!

GOD IS SO GOOD!

4 comments:

Lucy Pevensie said...

Ah - just a joke - I was going to give you the scripture from Ps. 119 - Lord turn my eyes away from looking at worthless thing - or things with BIG calories??? :)
God bless and thanks for the chuckle. :)

Andrea said...

Bread is a serious temptation for me.
Blessings, andrea

Just Be Real said...

The picture is even tempting. Laura love it, on the eight time around a parking space was provided. ;)

Blessings and I hope you enjoyed!!

Suburban Hooker said...

Oh no...call 911...can't breathe...laughing too hard!!!

I LOVE THIS!!

The Lord truly DOES provide!!!